Thursday 28 May 2009

Just a quickie...

Just a brief update. Been back to the mighty Tor a couple more times. On Monday it was in grim condition, I tried Powerband and got all the moves but there was no chance of linking it (for me) because my hands were wet after touching a couple of holds. The holds weren't seeping or anything, just very warm and humid, yeuck. Met Ru for the first time. Another very friendly and knowledgable chap, wonderful. I won't say what he was doing in case it is for some reason top secret but suffice it to say I was mighty impressed with his performance given the awful conditions.
This evening back to the Tor. The aim was get Powerband and then get stuck into a route. Got Powerband first attempt, in fact it was my warm up, very unexpected but nice. Then messed around trying numerous other problems in a half-arsed fashion whilst Mike and Sam made progress on Ben's Roof and Powerband, neither were ultimately successful but I'm sure they will be in due course. Then I tried Rattle and Hump on a rope, and ooooooof tough paper round. At the time I was disheartened but after an hour or so's reflection I have realised that I was probably a bit trashed and that I was closer than I thought to doing the moves. So I'll get back on it fresh some time soon and we'll take it from there.

No comments: