Tuesday 20 October 2009

As one season ends anoother begins.

I have been to Kilnsey a couple of times, but I seem to be getting dragged into progressively harder and harder projects without sticking at anything long enough to tick it. You definitely need a good dose of patience to get things done in the sport climbing game. Still fun though, and plenty of skittles set up for a (hopefully) rapid knock down next year. And there's still a bit more life to be eeked out of the lime yet...

But I also went to Almscliff yesterday and the grit is pretty much in now. G-unit was trying Keel, and making good progress. So I lauched into battle with Real Keel. I very briefly tried this last year and it felt very hard so I was quite surprised to find that getting to the pocket move felt really steady this time round. I had a few flings for the pocket but didn't hit it, however I was getting pretty close so I think this will get done. Dare I say hard for the short? I think I dare.

Also tried Pebble Wall Right Hand, this is definitely harder for the short. G-bob should have done this, in fact fuck it he did do it he just chose to let go. I think he was perhaps a bit distracted by the chap who wandered over to tell us we were try a hard severe without ropes, and it was awesome. It was a chap who was apparently new to climbing and was looking for some top-rope problems, just a shame JB wasn't there to help him out...

This week? A bit of work, a bit of lime and a bit of grit. I am in my transition phase, having gorged my unwieldy caterpillar form on the lime I will now enter the chrysalis and emerge as a beautiful gritstone butterfly. Or some such crap.

Toodle pip.

No comments: