Saturday 26 September 2009

This week I have been mostly failing...

Sunday I went to Widdop with Lard to meet up with G-unit and Ginnster. I was hoping to crush Fight on Black, an ascent was looooong overdue. Unfortunately Lard was suffering an advanced case of Plague and decided he wanted to go home, so we left without even pulling on anything. Strangely Lard made a full recovery for sn afternoon at the park, hmmmm....

Monday work.

Tuesday work then G-bob attended crush school on the board. A pretty good session, only let down by G's shocking footwork. Have a word with yourself lankster.

Wednesday work then the Sexpest paid a visit to dabble on the board. Another good session, but my skin was getting sore by now and my finger joints were feeling creaky, old man!

Thursday went to Trollers Gill with Guru. We did a shocking route to warm up (the right arete of the big central crack), yeuck. Then Guru had a project to play on so we both dabbled with this, it is a steady start and finish but has a couple of stiff pulls in the middle. After a bit of working a sequence was devised and Guru dispatched it first redpoint, nice. I worked it again but was really struggling with one move which felt very reachy. I thought it was nails at the time and would be full on 8a but Guru felt 7c+ probably more accurate. On consideration I agree, allowing for my condition on Thursday (tired, sore, painful skin) I think a fresh attempt will yield more success.

So the training Tuesday and Wednesday (coupled with doing pretty heavy physical work this week) scuppered my chances of success on Thursday. Which is a shame, but should hopefully yield results on a more long term basis (i.e. I'll have more crush).

1 comment:

GCW said...

Fight on Black. Jerry's Arete.
Both classics you should have done.

This Winter, maybe?