Friday 12 September 2008

The Longest Journey Starts With A Single Step...

Right as an arbritary start point I have picked last night. Obviously I have climbed previous to last night but for the purposes of this objective last night was DAY 1.
So what momentous event heralded the start? Well a trip to a pretty rubbish indoor wall. I went to West View with G, it was my second day on so I was feeling a bit tired and sore before starting which probably didn't help with my impression of the venue. We had been thinking of going outside to CyL but as I got into Preston it was lightly raining and there appeared to be some very black clouds on the horizon. We could probably have gone to CyL and done something, but there is nothing there that has really grabbed me so motivation would have been low. I think indoors was the right decision. Anyway West View could be quite good I imagine, it has a reasonable surface area of wall at a variety of angles. But it just isn't. The problems were generally poor in my opinion. What makes a poor problem (and conversely a good problem) is not something I can give a sefinitive scientific answer to. A dark art indeed. Anyway I was generally disapointed with my performance, I didn't feel light, strong or co-ordinated. Not a great start, oh well in Sheffield at the weekend maybe things will look up then.

No comments: