Thursday 13 August 2009

One for all and all for one, Muskerhounds are always ready.

8:00 a.m. Thursday morning, the boss is still in bed and lard and I am eating toast watching the Muskerhounds, old-skool-eighties classics ROOL.
Yet again it's been a while. I can't remember exactly what and when has gone down but here's a brief rundown.
I've been to Kilnsey a bit, Grooved Arete is still on the list and Metal Mickey has joined it. As have a couple of other things but they're top secret so shhhhh....
Also been to Silverdale, went to Cringlesport and did a route called Discohesion (boulder problem wearing a rope really) and then failed to do Brane Damage, next time. Quite a nice bit of rock. Also went to Hutton Roof which is another nice bit of rock, did several problems/solos here including a flash of The Cause.
Heading off to Kilnsey today.
I'm really getting into this sport climbing, I'm finding it enjoyable even though I haven't really cliimbed anything yet. I'm still not tempted by any of these thirty metre stamina beasts but the extended bouldering sort of stuff is fun. I am however awful at clipping, to the extent that I am practising clipping on the board at home (how sad is that?). Another thing is the time involved in doing sport climbing, it really is a full day event to get a good session going, whereas bouldering can be done in just an hour or so. Sadly I seldom have full days free for climbing so I tend to leave the crag feeling like I should have done more. Hey-ho.
Anyway Dogtanian is about to get on board a ghost ship, sounds exciting. Until next time....

No comments: